Living In Truth: Erroneous Assumptions
In 1995 the Society of Catholic Social Scientists alerted our American Bishops about a trend among some ministries to Catholics experiencing homosexual feelings that contradict authentic Catholic teaching on homosexuality and are founded upon erroneous scientific assumptions.
The Society highlights:
1. False statements are being made about homosexuality being biologically determined.
2. Catholic homosexuals are being told wrongly that sexual-orientation change is never possible.
3. The term "gay" is being wrongly used to describe homosexuals who do not identify with the gay socio-political position.
4. A separate "gay spirituality" regrettably is being encouraged, and gay ministries tell us that a person who suffers from the homosexual disorder has special "gay gifts" for the Church.
5. Catholics are being informed wrongly that the homosexual condition is not disordered.
Spiritual and Emotional Growth
Living In Truth
Putting Into Practice
ERRONEOUS INFORMATION CAN BLUR THE TRUTH!